Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Birthday Extravaganza

My birthday was just last week and it got me thinking how blessed I am with family.  Not only do I have my amazing little nuclear family, but I have my immediate family, my extended family, my in-laws, and my husbands extended family.  So basically last week I had a few different celebrations with all my different "families" and there's still more to come.

First, for my actual birthday, Thursday March 10th, we went to, where else, Disneyland.  Those who know me, know that I spend a fair amount of time there.  I would say I go there about 3-4 times a month.  To some people this seems crazy, but to others its pretty normal, especially to my other passholder friends out there.  :)  Anyway, so we got to Disneyland around 1pm, it was me, my husband Jake, my son Landon, my mom, and my grandma.  My mom and grandma stayed for a few hours and then they took Landon home so me and the hubs could have a disneyland date night!  It was such an amazing day, especially because the crowds were not too bad and we were able to ride a lot of rides and just enjoy the park without having to weave in and out of too many people.  Jake and I ended the night with dinner @ Denny's (which was free for me because it was my birthday, yay!)  All in all, a great Disney day!

Landon's 1st time on the matterhorn!
 My boys, the best gift of all!

So then, the next day, Friday, we went to my in-laws house for dinner and dessert!  It was so nice to have that time with them.  They are so good to me.  I truly have thee BEST in-laws! 
Then on Saturday, we went with my family (parents, brother, gma, aunt, cousins) to Claim Jumper, yum!  Once again, my dinner was free because it was my birthday (woohoo for an $18 steak, potatoes, mac n cheese, and cheesy bread meal for free!)  Such a great time with the fam.
And coming up this Saturday is the finale of my birthday celebrations.  My husbands family always gets together once a month to celebrate whoevers birthday is that particular month.  It has been so nice to be a part of this tradition for the last 4 years or so, and its always nice because the celebration is usually towards the end of the month, so even when my actual bday is over, I still have one more party to look forward to.  
I just LOVE birthdays, something about them is so special.  It is the one day a year that you don't have to share with anyone else and you can just take the day a little easier (in my case week, or maybe even month, lol).  In fact, I even told my husband last week that I didn't feel like cleaning one particular day because it was my birthday week, haha.  Ya, he thought it was pretty funny.  

All in all, I am just so thankful for all of my family that I am so blessed to have.  I appreciate everything all of you do to make my life that much sweeter!  Love you all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment