Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baseball season has officially begun

Maybe its because I've played softball pretty much my entire life. 
Maybe its because pretty much my entire family loves baseball (and the Angels especially).  Maybe its because of the family atmosphere and the fact that, starting today, anything is possible...Whatever it is, I get SUPER excited for this day, today, to come along every year.  I start getting anxious right around October, pretty much the day immediately following the completion of the World Series.  My life is just different without baseball in it everyday. 

I have grown up loving baseball and the Angels.  My parents have brought me to games since a very young age and I have been playing softball of and on since I was 6 years old.  What can I say?  Its in my genes.  Baseball is practically in our family's DNA and I love it.  I love watching the game with my parents, my husband, and my son.  I love the connection I have with my dad while talking ball.  I love that my husband and I both get so excited about the game.  I love watching my son learn more and more about the game everyday, and I love that we're continuing the tradition that will be in our family for a long time to come.

This past Sunday our family had a great day out at the ballpark.  We went to Fanfest, which is basically a day all about the fans.  There were a bunch of booths with different sponsors who had giveaways and contests.  There were players signing autographs.  There were interviews with players on a big stage.  There were interactive games for kids and adults alike.  We had a blast!  We went home with so much great stuff and with huge smiles on our faces (and tired feet as well).  After the fanfest we also got to go to a pre-season game at the stadium.  All this for a mere $5 and it was SO worth it!

My boy and I enjoying the game!

My husband and I watching the game together  :)

Some of the free stuff we got: stickers, license plate frames, baseballs, bags, hats, a puzzle, a banner, a bunch of coupons.  So fun!

Four generations of baseball fans


The weather was a little crazy, but we didnt let it damper our fun :)


PLAY BALL!

1 comment:

  1. You're so cute. It's so nice to have common interests with family that everybody can enjoy. (Even though I'm a dodger fan I thought this post was super cute)

    ReplyDelete